The Best Taco Dip
A very hearty appetizer to serve a crowd!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Two 15-ounce cans Ranch Style beans
- One box Spanish rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- One 2¼-ounce can sliced olives, drained
- 1 bag classic Fritos
- add sour cream, guacamole and salsa, if desired!
- serve with street taco flour tortillas, Fritos scoops or tortilla chips as desired
In a large pot, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain. Add the salsa, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Simmer for 1 hour. Add the beans to the beef mixture and heat through.
Spoon the beef and bean mixture onto a large platter. Top with the cooked rice and then the chopped lettuce. Layer cheese, tomatoes, olives and Fritos on top. Add additional toppings, as desired.