Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers
Great alternative to the classic burger!
- 1¼ pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium shallot, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil (from the jar)
- 4 hamburger buns
- desired burger fixings
Place all ingredients into a medium bowl. Use your (clean) hands to combine the ingredients and form into 4 burger patties. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the sun-dried tomato oil over medium heat. Cook burgers in the oil about 4 minutes each side. A safe cooking temperature for the inside of the burgers is 160 degrees F.
Serve on buns with desired burger fixings.