Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Super easy pumpkin pie with a cream cheese layer baked into it!
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- One 16-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
PREPARE THE PUMPKIN LAYER:
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Then blend in the beaten eggs and evaporated milk. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer.
Bake until firm, 60 minutes or longer. Watch the crust-- if it starts browning too quickly, add a pie crust protector shield to prevent the crust from browning too much.