A delicious and easy way to serve individual portions of the best meatloaf!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
PREPARE THE MEATLOAF:
In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the onions and garlic to a large bowl and mix in the ground beef, bacon crumbles, eggs, breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a loaf and place on the wire rack, leaving some space in between each loaf.
ADD THE TOPPING AND BAKE:
In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Spoon onto the top each loaf, spreading evenly to cover.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 160° F.
- Freezing instructions: to freeze raw, prepare the shape the meatloaves. Wrap each loaf in plastic wrap and then foil. Place in a sealed container and freeze for up to 6 months. When ready to bake, prepare topping, allow meatloaves to thaw in the refrigerator. You may need to add a little more baking time if the meatloaves are very cold. To freeze after baking--- cool, then wrap and put in a container. Thaw and re-heat.