Gluten-Free Banana Bread
The best gluten-free banana bread recipe ever!
- 2 cups Cup4Cup Flour (or all-purpose flour if not making gluten-free)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter until well-blended. Add the eggs and mix in well. Add the banana, yogurt and vanilla; beat until blended. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, and then turn out the loaf onto a rack to cool completely.