Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Super easy method for making monkey bread using store-bought cinnamon rolls!
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- Two 17.5-ounce cans Pillsbury Grands Original Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
CINNAMON ROLL SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 containers Cinnamon Roll Icing
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREPARE THE NUT TOPPING:
In a small bowl, combine the pecans, butter, brown sugar and water. Spoon the nut mixture evenly into the bottom of the bundt pan.
PREPARE THE CINNAMON ROLLS:
Take the cinnamon rolls out of the can and cut each cinnamon roll in half. Then cut them in half again (4 pieces). Combine the sugar and and butter in one bowl and put the melted butter in another bowl. Give a quartered cinnamon roll a squeeze in your hand to make it a little bit rounded, dip it in butter and roll it in the cinnamon sugar. Place it in the nut-lined bundt pan. Repeat with the remaining quartered cinnamon roll pieces, layering in the pan as you go (you should have two layers of the rolls in the pan).
ADD THE CINNAMON ROLL SYRUP AND BAKE:
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter. Pour it evenly over the rolls. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the monkey bread sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it upside down onto a serving plate.
- Leave the syrup out of the icing if you'd like a thicker icing consistency.
Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle Honey Butter Biscuits may be substituted for the cinnamon rolls. This will be a version without icing, unless you want to make your own.