Key Lime Bars
Totally delicious, sweet and tangy bars!
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (look for Nellie & Joe's brand in the juice aisle)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 regular key limes, cut into thin slices and then cut in half
PREPARE THE FILLING:
In a large bowl, use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice and salt; beat until well combined and smooth. Scrape the filling on top of the baked crust and smooth with a rubber spatula to make it even. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is set. Chill the cooked bars for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
ADD THE TOPPING:
In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the cream and sugar until the cream has thickened. Cut the bars into squares and move them to a serving platter. Spoon the whipped cream onto the bars and garnish with a piece of lime. Alternately, you can put the whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe it decoratively on top of each bar.