White Chicken Lasagna
An alternative way to make lasagna delicious!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish (if desired)
MAKE THE SAUCE:
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, Add the garlic and heat for 30 seconds. Whisk in the milk, cream, salt and pepper. Heat until bubbling. Add the Parmesan and whisk until smooth. If you want the sauce to be thicker, you can whisk in 1 tablespoon of flour. Then stir in the spinach and let sit until you're ready to use it.
ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA:
In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with the garlic powder.
Spoon about 1 cup of the sauce into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the lasagna noodles. Add the chicken to the remaining sauce and spoon 1/3 of the chicken mixture evenly over the ricotta layer. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers two more times, starting with lasagna noodles.
Cover with foil and bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling Remove the foil and bake for a few more minutes- until the cheese is golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- A rotisserie chicken can be used for the shredded chicken in this reciep.