Super easy, 6-ingredient chicken recipe!
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar-Jack cheese blend
- ½ cup coarsely crushed flavored tortilla chips (like Nacho Cheese Doritos)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat the chicken evenly.
In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides and remove the skillet from heat. Pour the salsa all over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese and chips.
Place the skillet in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the cheese is bubbly and golden.