Peanut Butter Pie
A simple and delicious peanut butter pie with chocolate drizzle!
- 20 whole Oreo cookies, crushed or processed into crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ cups Cool Whip (or freshly whipped cream)
- additional chocolate syrup, for serving (optional)
PREPARE THE CRUST:
In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and butter. Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the crust and up the sides as much as you can. It doesn't have to be perfect. Place the crust into the freezer for about an hour, or until everything is set.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese and peanut butter. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemon juice and mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Put your mixer away and fold in the whipped cream. Keep folding until the mixture is well combined and you don't see any white streaks anymore.
Take your pie crust out of the freezer and scoop the filling into the frozen pie crust. Push the filling to the edges and smooth the top. Put it back into the freezer for at least a couple of hours, or until the pie is set and firm.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use GF chocolate sandwich cookies, GF peanut butter and GF chocolate syrup.