Perfect summery lemon cookie recipe using fresh blueberries!
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour (measure, then sift)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh (smaller sized) blueberries (washed, dried and stems removed)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (measure, then sift)
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
MAKE THE COOKIES:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg and lemon extract.
Gradually add flour, alternating with milk addition.
Carefully stir in the blueberries and drop the batter 1½-inches apart on greased cookie sheet, silpat-mat or parchment lined baking sheet. I use a cookie dough scoop.
Bake 10-12 minutes.