Pork Chops with Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce
A delicious way to prepare pork chops!
CINNAMON APPLE SAUCE:
- ½ tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- Four 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onions to the skillet and cook until softened and somewhat caramelized. Add the apples to the pan and saute until tender. Add the cream cheese and stir to melt the cheese and combine. Stir in the apple juice or cider. The sauce may appear curdled at first, but keep stirring until all is smooth. Stir in the cinnamon. Remove the sauce from heat and set aside while you prepare the pork chops.
PREPARE THE PORK CHOPS:
On a plate, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Dip the pork chops (both sides) in the flour mixture and then place into the skillet. Saute on both sides until done- about 3 minutes per side.
Plate the pork chops, top with the sauce and garnish with parsley.