This week I made a tasty new dinner recipe: Pork Chops with Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce.
These pork chops are smothered in a creamy sauce with sautéed apples and softened onions– the perfect blend of sweet and savory! I like to use thick, bone-in pork chops for maximum flavor.
How to make Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce:
The Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce starts with a splash of oil in a hot pan. Add the onions first and sauté them them until they are almost caramelized, then add the apples because they soften much more quickly. However, you can choose to add both at the same time and sauté them together if you’d like. Next, add the cream cheese and combine. Stir in the apple juice as well. Although the sauce may look curdled at first, it will smoothen out if you continue to stir. Finally, add the cinnamon and remove the sauce from heat. And bam! You have an incredible sauce to pour over your delicious pork chops.
How to make sautéed Pork Chops:
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Dip both sides of the pork chop in the flour mixture and add to a hot skillet containing the butter and oil. Sauté each side until done, which is usually about 3 minutes per side. You’ll start to see a beautiful golden color as it cooks.
How to assemble Pork Chops with Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce:
Plate the finished pork chops and pour the Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce over top. You can garnish with parsley and extra apple slices for appearance.
Attention to detail creates the perfect plate 😉
These Pork Chops with Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce are the perfect meal as we move into the fall season. Apples are plentiful and festive as the trees begin to change from green to orange. I like to serve these pork chops with steamed asparagus or sautéed vegetables, but you can also serve them over slow cooker mashed potatoes if you want a carb. There’s no way I can even express how good these are, so let’s just say INCREDIBLE. I absolutely love the sweetness of the sauce paired with the pork. Whoever you make these pork chops for…. they’re very, very lucky indeed. Enjoy!
Pork Chops with Creamy Cinnamon Apple Sauce
CINNAMON APPLE SAUCE:
- ½ tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- Four 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onions to the skillet and cook until softened and somewhat caramelized. Add the apples to the pan and saute until tender. Add the cream cheese and stir to melt the cheese and combine. Stir in the apple juice or cider. The sauce may appear curdled at first, but keep stirring until all is smooth. Stir in the cinnamon. Remove the sauce from heat and set aside while you prepare the pork chops.
PREPARE THE PORK CHOPS:
- On a plate, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Dip the pork chops (both sides) in the flour mixture and then place into the skillet. Saute on both sides until done- about 3 minutes per side.
- Plate the pork chops, top with the sauce and garnish with parsley.