Raspberry Gooey Butter Cake
A totally delicious and easy cake recipe using fresh raspberries!
- One 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted (melt each stick in a separate bowl)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1½ to 2 cups fresh raspberries
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick of melted butter until well combined. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 eggs, vanilla and the remaining 1 stick of butter (melted) and beat to combine. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spoon this mixture over the cake batter and use the spoon to spread to create an even layer. Sprinkle the fresh raspberries on top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes- just until the cake seems set but is a little gooey in the center. Slice and serve (or cool and then serve).