Howdy from Texas! I just started my internship and have been crazy busy lately. I’ve also been keeping a close eye on my Celtics in the NBA Finals and hope they can pull off a winning series! I had a phenomenal 21st birthday weekend with my friends, as I’m sure you could assume. After my birthday I went out to a lake house with my family and got a chance to whip an awesome dessert: Raspberry Gooey Butter Cake.
Take a look at this. This cake turned out exactly as the name suggests: gooey and buttery. It’s similar to my really delicious Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars. I had a handful of friends over to stay at the Texas lake house Airbnb with me and my parents, so they all got to try it. And guess what- it was a huge hit!
How to make Raspberry Gooey Butter Cake:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Let’s make this cake! First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick. Next, grab a large bowl and an electric mixer. Combine the cake mix, one egg, and one stick of melted butter until well combined. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan and you have your base layer!
In a new large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 eggs, vanilla, and the remaining 1 stick of butter (melted) and beat to combine. Then add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spoon this mixture over the first layer, making sure to spread it evenly.
Finally, sprinkle raspberries over the top and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the cake seems set but slightly gooey in the center. And boy does this look tasty!
This cake is super gooey and tastes incredible served hot! I love the rich flavor of the butter cake paired with the raspberries, which happen to be one of my favorite fruits! That’s exactly why I decided to adapt this recipe from my mom’s Blueberry Gooey Butter Cake (a big hit in our family).
Look at that texture! If you’ve never had a butter cake before, there is no easy way to describe it. The best I can do is a rich, scrumptious flavor with a crazy soft, gooey texture that melts in your mouth!
I can’t praise this Raspberry G0oey Butter Cake highly enough. It was the perfect cake to enjoy for my birthday and was a unique change from the typical frosting-covered cakes.
Sheesh it feels weird to be 21. I feel so old! It’s crazy to think that some people have been keeping up with me on here for a decade now. I never could have expected the growth I’ve experienced through this platform when I started my site 10 years ago, so for that I am incredibly grateful. None of this would be possible without the wonderful readers that have made a conscious effort to keep up with my posts over all this time.
The Best Cake Recipes:
- Texas Skillet Cake
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cake
- Ding Dong Cake
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
Raspberry Gooey Butter Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick of melted butter until well combined. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 eggs, vanilla and the remaining 1 stick of butter (melted) and beat to combine. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spoon this mixture over the cake batter and use the spoon to spread to create an even layer. Sprinkle the fresh raspberries on top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes- just until the cake seems set but is a little gooey in the center. Slice and serve (or cool and then serve).