No Yeast Dinner Rolls
No Yeast Dinner Rolls are the perfect alternative for making homemade rolls when you don’t have any yeast.
Can’t find any yeast to use in making rolls for dinner? No problem. Here is an easy solution. These are No Yeast Dinner Rolls, and they are a decent substitute for regular rolls when yeast is hard to come by.
Ingredients needed for No Yeast Dinner Rolls:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
How to make No Yeast Dinner Rolls:
This recipe is probably the easiest recipe you will ever make. You will simply combine all of the ingredients and divide the batter between six muffin cups. If you want more muffins, double the recipe. If you want them to be a little bit sweet, you can add a teaspoon of sugar to the batter.
They bake up as firm little biscuits instead of puffy rolls. But like I said… they’re a decent substitute for the real deal. They’re different from biscuits in that they aren’t light and flaky. They are more like bread. Once they come out of the oven, you can brush the tops of them with melted butter.
Serve them right away, and serve them WARM. If they aren’t warm, then heat them up in the oven or microwave before eating.
Slather your warm No Yeast Dinner Rolls with butter. Add a little honey, if you’d like. The texture of these is more like a biscuit. I baked these to have with our chicken and veggie dinner, so we had a little bite of bread to go with it. They aren’t really delicious if you eat them by themselves, but with a good pat of butter on there… they are worth making!
Here are a few more recipes for rolls that you might like to try:
No Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- butter, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except butter) in a bowl. Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Immediately brush butter on the tops of the rolls. Serve warm with additional butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to make these slightly sweet.
- You can substitute melted unsalted butter or canola/vegetable oil for the mayonnaise, if you'd like.