Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is the best vanilla cheesecake with large chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough baked inside of it.
If you’re a chocolate chip cookie dough lover who happens to be a lover of cheesecake too, then you’re going to love this dessert. It’s the best of both worlds here. When you take a bite of the creamy cheesecake, you’re likely to get a bonus forkful of chocolate chip cookie too! An Oreo crust brings it all together in a delicious way.
How to make chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake:
Make sure you have the right pan to bake this cheesecake. You need a 10-inch springform pan. There are no substitutions- cheesecake is made in a springform pan! The first thing you’ll do is make the cheesecake batter.
Then you’ll make the cookie dough that will be used to drop into the cheesecake batter. Before you ask, don’t worry that there are no eggs in the chocolate chip cookie dough. This isn’t a dough that is meant to be baked on its own as cookies. It’s purpose is to add to the cheesecake!
Not shown here, but the crust is made from Oreo cookie crumbs and butter, and it’s pressed into the bottom of the springform pan. There is no need to bake the crust. The cheesecake is then scraped onto the crust in your springform pan. And then you’ll drop balls of the chocolate chip cookie dough into the cheesecake batter.
The cheesecake is set on a baking sheet and baked for about 50 minutes- until no longer jiggly. A knife slipped along the side of the pan will loosen the cheesecake. Then you’ll chill it and remove the side of the pan when the cheesecake has had a chance to firm up.
Once cooled and well chilled, you’ll add more of the chocolate chips to the top of the cheesecake to complete the look of your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.
Try this totally amazing cheesecake recipe sometime soon. You’re going to love it. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate chip recipes you might like to try:
- Brookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 2½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) melted butter
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1¾ cups miniature chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and the butter. Press the crust onto the bottom and partially up the sides of the prepared pan.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar. Add the sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth and then beat in the eggs. Pour the filling over the crust.
PREPARE THE COOKIE DOUGH
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars and beat in the vanilla. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough on top of the filling. Push the dough down into the filling until it's completely covered.
BAKE THE CHEESECAKE:
- Set the pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is about set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, carefully remove the side of the pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.