It’s the holiday season and you know what that means… cookies! This week I made Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies taste exactly how they look… totally delicious! I thought sea salt and caramel was the perfect combination, but I never had them in a cookie together! Chocolate chips are the perfect addition to that classic combination.
I like that you can see the melted caramel bits in each cookie. It draws you in more than just a classic chocolate chip cookie.
I found this recipe in the Easy Homemade Cookie Cookbook and had to make it. Usually I don’t make recipes from cookbooks without adapting them in some way, but these looked too good to change in the slightest way!
This cookbook is filled with tons of easy cookie recipes. I know we’ll be using it a lot when we’re baking Christmas cookies this year! It’s totally a book you should buy if you’re into baking cookies… like me!
These cookies were very simple to make. It was almost impossible to stay away from the cookie dough. Caramel bits and chocolate chips swirled throughout the cookie dough? It’s almost too good to be true!
I enjoyed munching on these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty. My friends and family also enjoyed and were blown away by the crunch of the cookies. Not to brag, but these cookies have the ideal crunch that professional bakers strive to achieve.
If you’re shopping around for Christmas cookie ideas, make these sweet and salty cookies #1 on your list! Add this one to your holiday baking recipe collection!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 20 caramel cubes, chopped into small bits
- 1½ teaspoons teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and creamy (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until the dough comes together. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and caramel pieces.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and drop them 2-inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle a bit of coarse sea salt on the top of each dough ball.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
Here are a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle by Recipe Girl
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Life, Love and Sugar
- Mini Chocolate Chip- M&M Cookies by Recipe Boy
- Ritz Carlton Chocolate Chip Cookies by Cookies & Cups
Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.