Caramel Apple Dump Cake is full of the ingredients that make up a delicious caramel apple baked into a cake!
Dump cakes are awesome. They’re just like they’re named, and dumping is involved. You just dump everything in a pan, bake it up, and somehow it all works out and turns into a cake! It’s amazing. Dump cakes happen to be great desserts to be able to make at the last minute when people are coming over unexpectedly. Our Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake recipe has been so popular, so we figured we’d share a Caramel Apple Dump Cake too.
- canned apple pie filling
- ground cinnamon
- caramel syrup
- box of cake mix
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- vanilla ice cream (for serving), optional!
How to make Caramel Apple Dump Cake:
Add canned apple pie filling to a casserole dish. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top and stir to combine. Drizzle caramel syrup on top.
Sprinkle boxed cake mix on top of the apples. Use whatever cake mix you prefer. Spice cake, vanilla cake and yellow cake will all work just fine.
Drizzle melted butter on top. Add pecans or walnuts too. It’s okay to leave the nuts out of the cake, if you prefer not to use them (or if there are nut allergy concerns).
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. When done, the cake will appear golden brown and pull away from the sides a little bit.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake is so delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s a sweet and wonderful dessert. Leftovers are good too. I recommend warming up individual servings in the microwave and topping with ice cream. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Two 21-ounce cans apple pie filling
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup caramel syrup
- One 15.25-ounce box cake mix (spice cake, vanilla cake or yellow cake)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the two cans of apple pie filling to the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top, and stir to combine. Drizzle the caramel syrup on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top of the apple filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown on top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Tuesday 14th of March 2023
I have made this basic recipe for years but never with the addition of the caramel. That sounds wonderful. Will definitely try it. Thanks.
Sunday 30th of October 2022
What if you substitute femresh apples off the tree
Wednesday 9th of November 2022
I think you need the liquid that is included in the can to make it work.