Mother’s Day is coming! I made my mom breakfast a few days early. She is so lucky! My mom got to eat Vanilla Brown Sugar French Toast!
Watch the video showing you how to make this French Toast, then scroll to the bottom and print out the recipe so you can make it at home!
I made this french toast with challah bread (one of my favorite breads). After the toast part was finished, I sprinkled strawberries and blueberries on top. And it was amazing and pretty!
I always spill vanilla when I’m pouring it into a measuring spoon. This was the first time I didn’t spill!
That batter is what makes this french toast so good. I <3 french toast batter! As the title indicates, it has plenty of vanilla and brown sugar added to the cream.
My Mom says she’s going to teach me how to use the tripod so I can take all of the pictures in my posts- like this one. Since I was in charge of making Mom breakfast, she took photos of the preparation, and I took photos of the final dish.
I have a secret. I LOVE syrup!!! Syrup just has that sweet, maple taste that almost everyone likes. No breakfast dish is complete without fruit either. Fruit is the key to a yummy (and healthy) breakfast.
I love this recipe. The French toast has a slightly crispy crust and flavors of vanilla and brown sugar. This recipe is so easy that kids can make it for Mom on Mother’s Day this weekend!
I love my mom. She is always willing to drive me to sports practices and help me do stuff. If the RecipeGirl was not my mom, she would be my dream mom. Thanks for the love and support mom! Without your kitchen advice and skills, I would not be writing RecipeBoy.com!
And even a kid can make an awesome Mother’s Day breakfast for his mom… Like Me!
If you’re looking for other good things for breakfast, you might also consider making Strawberry Waffles or Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce. Loaded Egg Burritos look pretty amazing. And I’m kind of thinking that Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is a must-try too.
Vanilla Brown Sugar French Toast
- 1 loaf French or Challah bread, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cream (whipping cream or heavy whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- syrup, warmed
- berries, for topping (optional)
- In a low, wide bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and let it melt. Dunk the bread slices in the French toast batter- covering both sides- and place them on the heated surface. Cook until golden (about 3 minutes), then flip and cook until golden on the other side too. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve French toast slices topped with berries and syrup. Enjoy!