Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Avocado- Bacon Toast

This week I made my version of Avocado Toast from Absolutely Avocados by Gaby Dalkin from What’s Gaby Cooking.  I love her new book! Avocados are one of my favorite things to eat, so this cookbook fits my needs perfectly! I adapted Gaby’s recipe to include bacon and honey. I learned that bacon and avocado make a good match. ;)

At first I thought that this recipe wouldn’t taste too good because I had never tried avocado on plain french bread, but I changed my mind once I tried it.

The Avocado- Bacon Toast requires only 3 simple steps! Step 1- Spread mushed avocado on french bread. Step 2- Sprinkle pieces of bacon on top. Step 3- Drizzle honey on top of the avocado and bacon. Easy!

I overdid the honey on the first piece of toast, so everything I ate tasted really sweet. I liked the many different flavors of this dish.

Avocado! Bacon! Honey! All on bread! That’s just perfect. Don’t you think so?

This Avocado- Bacon Toast tastes so good.  It’s great for breakfast or an after-school snack. Kids can easily make this without any help from parents. Kudos to Gaby for the inspiration behind this recipe!  Hope your new cookbook sells out everywhere! Now I have to stop writing and go eat some more toast. ;)

And even a kid can make easy recipes with avocados… Like Me!

Avocado Toast 1

Avocado- Bacon Toast

Yield: 4 toasts

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 2 min

Awesome treat for breakfast or an after-school snack!

Ingredients:

4 slices French baguette, sliced on the diagonal and lightly toasted
1 medium, ripe avocado
1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
honey

Directions:

Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Spread the mashed avocado on the toasts. Sprinkle with bacon and drizzle with honey. Eat and enjoy!

Source: RecipeBoy.com

Pin It

8 Responses to “Avocado- Bacon Toast”

1. 1

Gaby — May 1, 2013 @ 8:11 am

Avocado toast may just be the best thing on the planet – especially with bacon!! So glad you discovered it at such a young age :)

2. 2

Nancy L — May 1, 2013 @ 11:39 am

So yummy and so easy! I love avocado and I love bacon – how perfect a combo is there?

3. 3

ERIKA — May 1, 2013 @ 7:44 pm

Looks awesome I am sure it taste that way too. :)

4. 4

Tahnycooks — May 2, 2013 @ 3:53 am

Gimmie, gimme one of those! What a great and simple snack!

5. 5

Meg Hobbs — May 2, 2013 @ 8:08 am

Looks wonderful! Can’t wait to try it. I looove toast and toppings…red pepper jelly and bacon or sausage is a favorite. Thanks for the new idea.

6. 6

Roberto — May 5, 2013 @ 10:08 am

Good idea there with the bacon and honey :D

one other avocado on nice toast version is:
    mashing the avocado with chili flakes and a wee bit of olive for a nice kick, and then with your good French bread cut a garlic clove in half then use rub the inside on the bread.
    If you’re doing the bread broiled in the oven then you can put the halves of the garlic cloves on the bread so it will cook slightly and soften in the oven.
    Then with the soft garlic clove you can mash it up and put it in your avocado and chili mix.

7. 7

Sandy@ReluctantEntertainer — May 5, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

Brooks, you are brilliant. These sound fantastic! I love the touch of honey – yummy! If you come visit us in Oregon, we want you to cook for us!

8. 8

Sue — November 13, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

I also make peanut butter toast with bacon. You should try that too. Your recipe is great!