This week I made Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread. It’s a fun, festive recipe that the whole family is sure to love.
This pumpkin bread is rich and moist. It has beautiful coloring throughout the inside from the cheesecake swirl, which also makes it super tasty!!
How to make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread:
Make the Cheesecake Batter:
Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth, then mix in the sugar, sour cream, and egg and continue mixing until smooth. I didn’t have an electric mixer available so my batter was slightly lumpy, but it still turned out perfectly!
Make the Pumpkin Batter:
Whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, oil, and eggs until smooth. Then mix in the water, and finally add the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. Make sure to save one cup of the pumpkin batter and set it to the side, but pour the remaining batter into a 9-inch loaf pan. I’d highly recommend using the 9-inch as opposed to the standard 8-inch pan because there is quite a bit of batter. Once in the pan, spoon the cheesecake batter over the pumpkin batter and top with the remaining cup of pumpkin batter. Use a knife to swirl the batters together and you’re ready to bake! Just toss the pan in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a skewer can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
Look at that beautiful color! Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite things to make (and to eat), so I love trying new recipes for it. This one blew my mind!
Update on me!
Here I am decked out in SMU gear, as always! I’ve been super busy lately because I’m taking a full schedule of business courses this year, but I’ve been able to squeeze in some fun here and there! I got excited when I found out the Patriots would be playing the Cowboys this week, but that dissipated quickly when I realized the game was in New England 🙁 I’ve been going to the SMU games every week (undefeated so far), but I need to see my Patriots play soon!
I can’t even begin to describe how tasty this Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread is. It’s the perfect balance of rich and moist, and the flavor combination is incredible! I love both pumpkin bread and cheesecake, so it would have been very difficult for this recipe to let me down.
We’re now in the heart of fall and this bread is the perfect seasonal treat to make- whether it’s for breakfast or dessert. Give it a try and let me know how far your family and friends’ jaws drop when they bite into this delicious masterpiece! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray (an 8-inch loaf pan will be too small for how much batter this recipe makes).
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sugar, sour cream and egg and blend until smooth. Set aside.
MAKE THE PUMPKIN BATTER:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs until smooth. Then mix in the water. Add the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Reserve 1 cup of the pumpkin batter and set it aside. Scrape the rest of the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter on top of the pumpkin batter in the pan. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter on top. Use a knife to swirl them together.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until a knife or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes, then pop the bread out onto a rack to cool completely.