Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake is a super simple and delicious cake recipe made with just three easy-to-find ingredients.
A dump cake is the kind of dessert that is awesome to be able to whip up when you need an easy dessert to make in a hurry. Even if you aren’t a big baker (or if you think you can’t bake at all), you can definitely have success with this Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake recipe. I always keep the ingredients for this cake (and my 3-ingredient peach cobbler) on hand for last-minute entertaining. 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies or 2-ingredient fudge are good choices for easy dessert recipe too!
- Two cans of cherry pie filling
- One box of chocolate cake mix (any kind– Devil’s Food, Milk Chocolate… any kind of chocolate)
- One and one half sticks melted butter
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
How to make Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake:
- Spread the cherry pie filling in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pyrex pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake, and watch it magically come together into a cake!
Once baked, you’ll have a delicious buttery chocolate layer over bubbling hot cherries.
Scoop individual servings, and enjoy! It’s kind of like a cherry chocolate cobbler.
I highly suggest topping warm servings of this Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake with ice cream or freshly whipped cream. It’s delicious. Enjoy!
Dump Cake Combinations:
Dump cakes can be made in a lot of different ways. Try some of these!
- One can of cherry pie filling, one can of crushed pineapple, one box of white cake mix and 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cans apple pie filling, one box vanilla or yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cans cherry pie filling, one box yellow cake mix and 3/4 cup butter
- Be creative!
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Two 21-ounce cans cherry pie filling
- One 15.25-ounce box chocolate cake mix (Devil's Food, Milk Chocolate, any chocolate)
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) salted butter, melted
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spoon the pie filling into the baking dish and spread evenly to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly on top.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the cake mix- trying to get it into as many nooks and crannies on top of the cake mix as possible. Tilt the pan to move it around if you need to.
- Bake 42 to 45 minutes, or until mostly dry on top. You'll see cherry pie filling bubbling around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.