Football is back! With the return of America’s sport, new gameday food must be made… That’s exactly why I whipped up these Gameday Sliders before the Patriots game last week! (Which they won, of course)
This recipe comes from a new cookbook called The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin (my Mom’s friend) and was originally titled “Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders. It’s full of recipes that are really easy and quick to make for busy weeknight dinners. Here are a few recipes from the book that sound good to me: Maple Dijon Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooker Rosemary Potato Soup with Ham, Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf, Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Ranch Dressing, Chocolate-Glazed Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, and Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake.
Pile on the meats and cheeses! First up, ham and Havarti (you can use Swiss if you really want them to be Chicken Cordon Bleu style.) There is a spoonful of honey mustard sauce under all of that meat and cheese too!
Bring on the chicken! There’s just something we all love about ham, chicken, and cheese together- a fantastic combination.
King’s Hawaiian Rolls are still the best on the planet. There’s no denying it. If anything, they’ve gotten BETTER over time!
These Gameday Sliders are a must-make for any football fan. They’re perfect to bring to parties or just feast alone and have some kick-butt leftovers! What can get better than a stack of warm meats and cheeses in a King’s Hawaiian Roll?! The correct answer is “nothing!”
Oh and I almost forgot… Go Patriots! #freebrady
- 12 sweet dinner rolls (like King's Hawaiian)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli black forest ham
- ½ pound thinly sliced Swiss (or Havarti) cheese
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Slice the rolls in half and place cut side up on a baking tray.
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, Dijon, honey, lemon juice and salt. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the sauce onto the bottom of each roll.
- Assemble: Place a slice of ham, folded over to fit, on each roll. Tear the cheese into roll-sized pieces and place a slice of cheese over the ham. Next, layer a slice of chicken and another slice of cheese. Place the top roll over each slider.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted (you may want to put a piece of foil over the top of the sliders if they are browning too much while heating. Remove the sliders from the oven and serve.
Here are a few more slider recipes you might enjoy:
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Sliders by The Comfort of Cooking
- Cubano Sliders by RecipeGirl
- Italian Pesto Sliders by Wine and Glue
Disclosure: There is an Amazon affiliate link in this post for the purchase of the mentioned cookbook.