This week I made a recipe centered around everyone’s favorite spread: Nutella! This is my No Bake Nutella Pie. Check out the short video showing you how to make this. Then, go to the recipe card to print out the complete recipe.
There has always been a special place in my heart for chilled deserts, whether it be a cake or an ice cream bar. I combined that love for chilled desserts with my Nutella obsession in this recipe. Because who doesn’t love Nutella?? Chocolatey goodness in a wonderful 26.5 ounce jar (more than you’ll need for this recipe, btw!)
It’s not possible to go wrong with an Oreo crust… I think my dog Tessie would agree, but she can only stare longingly at the pie from a safe distance away. The crust is just a simple mix of crushed Oreos and butter. No need to bake the crust!
It’s difficult to make an amazing dessert pie… usually. The no-bake aspect of this recipe appeals to me for the overall ease and simplicity. Some pies require a long list of ingredients and impossible directions, but not this one. The No-Bake Nutella Pie is simple (just 2 ingredients for the crust and 3 ingredients for the filling, with optional toppings) and easy (no longer than twenty minutes to prepare).
If there is one thing I’ve learned from this recipe, it is that Nutella, cream cheese, and Cool Whip come together to create one of the best pie fillings in the world. This pie is light and fluffy, but it’s definitely rich. It’s a perfect recipe for when you need an easy dessert to make for friends or bring to gatherings.
Here are a few more pie recipes you might enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Pie
- Snickers Ice Cream Brownie Pie
- S’Mores Pie
- Dark Chocolate Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Star Spangled Pie
- Chess Pie
No Bake Nutella Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies (don't remove the filling)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- One 8-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- PREPARE THE CRUST: Finely crush the cookies- either in a zip top baggie (a little harder to get them finely crushed) or in a food processor (easier). In a medium bowl, stir the crushed cookies with the melted butter. Press it into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Stick it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- PREPARE THE FILLING: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the Nutella and cream cheese. Beat until well combined and smooth. Stir in the Cool Whip until combined and you don't see white streaks anymore.
- ASSEMBLE THE PIE: Scrape the filling into the frozen pie crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate 4 hours (or overnight) before serving. Slices of this pie are perfectly good without garnish, but you can garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips, if you'd like.