Here’s a super easy recipe for Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars. Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the end of this post and print out the complete recipe so you can make them at home.
It’s fall! The holiday season is coming right up and I am so excited! Fall is the only time of year where it is acceptable to slip pumpkin into any recipe known to mankind, so I figured that I would share something festive and delicious…. this week I made Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars.
There’s nothing like the comforting orange glow of pumpkin… it looks great and festive, and it tastes even better. Pumpkin is a miracle flavor!
Delish! All pumpkin pie lovers out there will go crazy over this recipe.
I loooove pumpkin pie (and anything pumpkin) and I noticed that the two desserts have similar consistencies. I do have to say that the crust on the Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars is a hundred times better than Pumpkin Pie crust.
This recipe even has you looking forward to eating the crust!!
It’s all about the details… If you look closely, you can spot some little specks of cinnamon and nutmeg.
The bars are extraordinarily flavorful! I was more than happy with how these turned out. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars are a must-make for any party or gathering in Fall. My family demolished half of the pan within an hour of making these… oops!
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- one 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- one 15-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- one 16-ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the crust: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cake mix, egg and butter. Pat the mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter- beat well. Mix in the powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until well-combined.
- Spread the filling over the cake batter and bake 40 to 50 minutes. Don't over bake; you want the center to be a little gooey!
Thursday 27th of October 2022
Best recipe ,quick and easy,that pumpkin pie flavor that you want ,and moist like pie almost. Much loved
Thursday 13th of October 2022
I made these with a butter pecan cake mix and 2-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and they were delicious!
Sunday 9th of October 2022
So...this was excellent! I am pretty sure I like it better than pumpkin pie. I made it exactly as written and everyone loved it. When I pulled it out of the oven, it looked kind of like jello with a little jiggle in the middle but still set. Topped it with some homemade whooping cream and it was perfect! Great recipe. Can't wait to share with everyone.
Saturday 1st of October 2022
Been making these for years. We don't have pumkin pie anymore,my family request this every Thanksgiving.
Friday 13th of May 2022
These are FABULOUS!! I made them exactly as directed. Thought the directions were spot on. Only issue I had was that the bars were still very “sloshy” at 45 minutes. Had to leave them in the oven for additional 10-15 minus and was a little bit hesitant even then. But you mentioned not to over cook them, so out they came. And the are perfect!! I broke my KETO diet and tried them. Oh so very worth it! Thank you!