Howdy from Texas, where I just saw a chance of SNOW on the forecast the other day. It’s rare to get any at all during the winter, and never this early. I guess the weather has really took a turn these past few weeks!
Coming to the blog this week is an easy-peasy recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Bars — If you’re a PB-lover, these are for you.
I’m a huge fan of the peanut butter/chocolate combo, but who isn’t?! This recipe takes less than 20 minutes of hands-on work, so it’s a great treat to whip up if you’re in a pinch.
This recipe comes from Even Better Brownies: 50 Standout Bar Recipes for Every Occasion by Mike Johnson. Needless to say, we want to make absolutely everything in this book. It’s full of delicious recipes, and it’s a must-have if you love to bake.
Here are a few recipes we’d like to try from this book:
- Cookie Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Spiced Caramel Turtle Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies
- Brûléed Meyer Lemon Bars
- unsalted butter
- graham cracker crumbs
- powdered sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- dark chocolate
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
First, you’ll want to take an 8×8-inch pan and line it with foil or parchment paper, then set it to the side for later use.
To make the peanut butter layer, grab a medium bowl and mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar. Stir in a cup of peanut butter and press the mixture into your prepared pan. Try to do it as evenly as possible!
Now for the chocolate layer — Use a small bowl to melt the chopped chocolate and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave (or on the stove in a double boiler). Stir until smooth and spread evenly over the peanut butter layer.
Chill the bars in the refrigerator until they’re completely firm (at least 2 hours), then take them out for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting into them. Cover any leftovers tightly and refrigerate for up to a week.
The bars come out of the pan in one big slab, so I recommend using parchment paper — It helps pull it out without ruining the appearance!
Beautiful cuts! You can cut the portions fairly small with this one because you don’t need big bites. It’s a rich, sweet treat. It’s super easy to make and is super tasty!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I’m excited to spend time with my family and eat incredible food!
The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Oreos
- Peanut Butter Blossom Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full-sheets of graham crackers)
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with foil or parchment paper and set it aside.
MAKE THE PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter, then press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- In a small bowl melt the chopped chocolate and 3 tablespoons peanut butter in the microwave or on the stove in a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the peanut butter layer.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator until completely firm, at least 2 hours. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Served chilled. (Setting them out for a few hours at room temperature for serving is OK).
- Cover leftover bars tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.