Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies with a chocolate ganache drizzle are a super easy cookie recipe to make. And by super easy, I mean that anyone can make these. They’re sort of semi-homemade!
Brooks (RecipeBoy) first made these cookies when he was only ten years old (2011). Today I’m re-publishing them because it was time to update the older photos, and this recipe is completely worthy of bringing into the spotlight again! Brooks thought they were so easy and awesome that everyone would want to make them.
These are the two main ingredients in the cookies- a lot of peanut butter and a nice and thick brownie mix. It’s okay to use shortcuts like boxed brownie mix once in a while. And they help create these amazing brownie cookies!
How to make Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies:
You can scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe. The powdered brownie mix is combined with butter, cream cheese and an egg. That creates the brownie base for these cookies
Scoops of the brownie cookie dough are placed onto a baking sheet.
Then you’ll make the peanut butter filling (a simple combination of peanut butter and powdered sugar).
The peanut butter mixture is shaped into balls and placed in the center of each blob of brownie dough. And then they are baked this way!
The cookies should look like this when they’re done baking. You could certainly leave them alone and keep them like this. But it’s better to add a chocolate ganache drizzle!
You can create your own design squiggles on the cookies. Just drizzle and then let them sit for a while until the the chocolate sets.
We brought these to a family barbecue, and everyone loved them. They couldn’t even taste that it was made from a boxed brownie mix either. Our family gives these cookies a big thumbs up.
And even a 10 year old can make them. Get your kids into the kitchen and teach them that they can be successful in there, even at a young age!
Here are a few more peanut butter and chocolate recipes you might like to try:
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Reeses Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Pie
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
- One 20-ounce box brownie mix (Duncan Hines brand family size works)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
PREPARE THE COOKIE BASE:
- Place the cookie base ingredients in a medium bowl and beat by hand until they are well blended. Drop the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. You should be able to make 24 cookies.
PREPARE THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients together and roll into 24 balls. Lightly press peanut butter balls into the surface of the uncooked brownie cookies and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and place some waxed paper underneath.
ADD THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- Place the drizzle ingredients in glass bowl and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir and then microwave a little bit more; stir again until the chocolate is smooth and will be easy to drizzle. Scoop it into a zip baggie and snip the corner. Squeeze the bag and drizzle over the cookies. Let the cookies sit until the chocolate has a chance to set (or refrigerate them to speed up the process).