It’s almost Halloween! Now everyone knows that pumpkins are a big part of Halloween, so I decided to add a pumpkin flair to some original waffles. Sooooo… I made Pumpkin Waffles! Now with waffles, you have to add some yummy stuff… so you can guess what I did!
Syrup was the first necessity on these waffles! With most waffles, they seem a little dry. Although these waffles were a little dry, they still tasted like pumpkin! These waffles were pumpkinlicious!
My Mom just got a KitchenAid Waffle Baker, so I wanted to be the first one to use it! It is really cool. You can cook two waffles at a time, and there is even a timer to let you know when each waffle is done! THANK YOU KITCHENAID!!!
Whenever you have something pumpkin, you have to have whipped cream! Whipped cream is just the perfect topping!!!
This is what I look like in the morning. I am NOT a morning person! But when I make Pumpkin Waffles, I want to wake up! These waffles tasted like pumpkin pie. I loved them! The syrup and whipped cream totally contributed to the amazing flavor. Kids love sweet things right? These waffles were great and it was fun making them with our new waffle maker! Happy Halloween everyone!
And even a kid can make waffles for Halloween… Like Me!
- Preheat your waffle iron!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, spice, baking soda and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk and butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop batter into your waffle iron and close the lid. Bake until done- usually 3 to 4 minutes (depending on what kind of waffle iron you have). Repeat with the remaining batter until you've used it all up.
- Serve warm with warm syrup (and maybe even whipped cream)!
- This recipe makes 6 good sized waffles!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.