This week I made a ridiculously delicious Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread. Be sure to check out the short video below that shows you just how to make it!
You know it has to be good because my teacher, my family, and I all LOVED it. I can almost guarantee that your mouth is watering when you look at the picture below. Now watch and enjoy the delicious looking pictures.
Chocolate and raspberries are the BEST combination EVER!!!
This loaf turned out amazingly yummy. It was a great banana bread and the distinct chocolate flavor with a sweet, fruity twist was awesome.
Now that you guys are hypnotized by the delicious beauty of the banana bread, let me tell you a bit more about it. The Raspberry- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread is more of an afternoon snack than a breakfast. It can be eaten at breakfast, but I wouldn’t recommend it. A big time sugar rush…. just might not do good things to you first thing in the morning! This banana bread should be moist in the middle after it cools. I hope you LOVE this banana bread and guard it with your life! 🙂
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup halved raspberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture; just until moist. Don't over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then gently stir in the raspberries. If you want, you can sprinkle a few additional chocolate chunks and raspberries on the top to make it look pretty.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
Monday 19th of September 2022
Delicious! This recipe comes together very quickly; in about 90 minutes I had two large loaves. It doesn't make sense for me to make only one, as my family fell upon it like ravening wolves, and it disappeared quickly. The recipe doubles well; I didn't double the bananas, but did everything else. Frozen berries didn't sink in the batter, (it's very thick), and I didn't flour them. A smashing success! Thanks so much.
Wednesday 14th of September 2022
I've made this recipe for years now and its a favorite. Thanks Recipe Boy
John in PDX
Monday 29th of June 2020
Added 1/2 cup of Dutch cocoa and baked for 65 minutes on the lower third of the oven. Off the charts! Especially when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Excellent recipe.
Sunday 12th of January 2020
My husband saw this recipe on Facebook and sent it to me. He loves raspberries. Me, not so much. But I made a loaf of this today and it is delicious! Thank you!
Tuesday 9th of October 2018
Here are some of the things I love in life: bananas, my son, chocolate, my husband, raspberries, Netflix, bread... I could go on, but I think you get the gist of it. Haha! This bread has tons of my favorite things in it. Next time I'll have to serve it to my boys while watching Netflix and snuggling my cat. Perfection! But, seriously, this was a tasty loaf of banana bread :)