Howdy everyone! I’m back with a dessert recipe that will blow your socks off: Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookies!
These cookies are, quite simply, the BOMB! They’re chewy and fudgy with a crackly shiny top. And the best part? They taste just like brownies! These Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookies also freeze beautifully, making them the perfect treat to save for whenever you may need them.
- White sugar
- Semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Salted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
This recipe for Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookies comes from a cookbook called, 101 Greatest Cookies on the Planet by Erin Renouf Mylroie. This book is full of all the best cookie recipes. There’s everything from Muddy Buddy Cookies to Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies to Old Fashioned Buttermilk Fudge Brownies. I want to bake a lot of things from this book, so it was a great purchase!
How to make Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookies:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line your baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.
To start off, beat the sugar and eggs for 2 minutes in a large bowl using a whisk, or until they are thoroughly combined (the sugar will begin to dissolve).
In a separate medium (microwave-safe) bowl, heat the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir them together and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth and melted.
Next, pour the egg/sugar mixture from the first step into the chocolate chip/butter mixture. Make sure to whisk constantly while you pour, and add the vanilla. Then sprinkle the salt and baking powder over the dough and stir for one minute. You’re going to add the flour and stir gently, just to combine. At this point, the dough should seem like a thick, sticky batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours (and up to one week).
Now for the baking: Shape the dough into 3/4-inch balls and place on the baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Make sure your dough balls aren’t too close together because they’ll flatten and spread out in the oven. Next, throw the prepared baking sheets in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes . You’ll have to watch them during the last few minutes of baking time, so be prepared to take them out as soon as the tops are shiny and cracked.
Finally, let the cookies cool for 10 minutes and they’re ready to go! When I first tried this Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookie recipe, it instantly became one of my favorite cookie recipes to make. It’s an easy recipes, and these are unlike any cookie you’ve ever eaten. They’re essentially brownies in cookie form!
I know the holiday season is over, but I’m a firm believer that there is NEVER a bad time to bake cookies. So do yourself a favor and give these chocolatey treats a try– they won’t disappoint! 🙂
Here are a few more cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Nutella Cookies
- Blueberry Cookies
- Bakery Style Giant M&M Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
Brownie Fudge Bombs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
PREPARE THE DOUGH:
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat the sugar and eggs for 2 minutes, until they are thoroughly combined and the sugar has begun to dissolve.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, heat the chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate and butter are completely smooth and melted. Pour the egg and sugar mixture into the hot chocolate mixture, whisking constantly while you pour. Add the vanilla. Sprinkle the salt and baking powder over the dough. Stir for 1 minute. Add the flour, and stir gently, just to combine. The dough will seem like a thick, sticky batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (and up to 1 week).
READY TO BAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into ¾-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1½-inches apart. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are shiny and cracked- watching the cookies closely during the last few minutes of baking time. As soon as the cookies are cracked across the tops, they're done... so quickly take them out of the oven. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes. Gently slide a spatula underneath to loosen the cookies and then leave them to cool completely on the baking sheets.