This recipe for Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches turns out the most delicious tender beef sandwiches with a ton of flavor, and they are made easy in the slow cooker!
Have you ever tried these sandwiches before? They are amazing. The beef cooks slowly in beef broth and pepperoncini juice, and the result is a fabulous tasting shredded beef to tuck into a sandwich. They’re a family favorite, and this is an easy recipe to make for dinner.
- boneless beef chuck pot roast
- garlic powder and onion salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable or canola oil
- beef broth
- Italian dry salad dressing mix
- dried oregano, dried basil and dried parsley
- sliced pepperoncini peppers and juice (from the jar)
- hoagie buns or rolls
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The pepperoncini and the melted cheese really pair well with the beef. Don’t skip a thing! Well… unless you have little kids. They might prefer to have just the beef and the cheese and skip the pepperoncini.
Be sure to treat yourself to a little bowl of the cooking broth for dipping your sandwich, if you prefer. It’s a good way to eat it. Enjoy!
Favorite Sandwich Recipes:
- Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Cream Cheese Chicken Sandwiches
- Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Tex Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Chicken Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 2½ to 3 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- One 14.5-ounce can beef broth
- One 1-ounce envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- One 16-ounce jar sliced pepperoncini peppers, drained (save ½ cup of the juice)
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice
- 8 hoagie buns or rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Trim the fat from the roast. Coat the roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown the roast on all sides in hot oil. Place the browned roast in the crockpot insert.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the beef broth, dressing mix, onion salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour the mixture over the roast in the crockpot. Top with pepperoncini peppers and pour ½ cup of the pepperoncini juice on top too.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting about 10 hours. Transfer the cooked meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, pull the meat apart into shreds. Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppers from the cooking liquid and transfer them to a serving bowl. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid; and then transfer the skimmed liquid to a bowl.
- Preheat your oven's broiler. To serve, spoon some shredded meat onto the bottom half of the buns. Sprinkle with cheese. Place the sandwiches under the broiler to melt the cheese. Then spoon the desired amount of cooking liquid over the meat. Top with peppers and bun tops.