These Cream Cheese Chicken Sandwiches are a fantastic choice for making an easy dinner recipe for your family.
Get out the slow cooker for this one. Yes, this is one of those recipes where you can toss everything in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you to make tonight’s dinner. Those are the best kinds of recipes, right? This is a family friendly meal. The chicken mixture is like “crack” inside a toasted bun. It’s so delicious! We’re all about making sandwiches for easy dinners- like our French Onion Steak Sandwiches, Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwiches and the very delicious Tex Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches.
- boneless chicken thighs
- chili sauce
- apricot preserves
- cream cheese
- sandwich rolls
How to make Cream Cheese Chicken Sandwiches:
Add chicken thighs, chili sauce and apricot preserves to your slow cooker. I know someone out there is going to ask if this recipe can be made with chicken breasts. Yes, it can. But chicken breasts in the slow cooker tend to dry out a little more. So I can’t guarantee it will be just as delicious using chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
Cook this mixture for 6 hours on low. Then remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred it apart.
Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Add cut up cream cheese. Stir it in until it has melted and has turned the mixture into a nice cream cheese chicken filling.
Butter and toast the buns, and assemble your cream cheese chicken sandwiches. That’s it. They’re very simple. They don’t need any other condiments or anything in there.
Cream Cheese Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 round sandwich rolls, buttered and toasted
- Add chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Pour chili sauce and apricot preserves over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, and shred apart with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Stir in the cream cheese until it has melted and blends in with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken and sauce on the toasted buns to create 6 sandwiches.