These Mini Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are a favorite cookie recipe! They’re an adaptation of the very popular Toll House cookie recipe.
There’s a secret ingredient in these cookies that isn’t usually in chocolate chip cookies. It’s cornstarch! Cornstarch adds great texture to cookies. Secret revealed! These are excellent, delicious, easy-to-bake cookies. They might just become your new favorite cookie recipe!
Note: RecipeBoy Brooks first baked this cookie recipe way back in 2013. I’ve re-photographed it, and published it in 2022. There’s a photo of a much-younger Brooks making the cookies at the end of this post down below the recipe.
- all purpose flour
- baking soda and salt
- salted butter
- granulated white sugar
- packed brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- large eggs
- miniature chocolate chips
- miniature M&M’s
How to make Mini Chocolate M&M Cookies:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes three dozen cookies. If you don’t want that many cookies around, it’s okay to freeze them. Just slip them into a large freezer zip baggie and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Pull out cookies as the craving strikes. I used to like to add these mini chocolate chip M&M cookies to my son’s lunchbox when he was little. He loved them!
These cookies turn out soft and yummy. Adding M&Ms (and that “secret” ingredient) makes the famous Toll House cookie recipe even better. Enjoy!
The Best Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for One
- Brownie Fudge Bomb Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Blueberry Cookies
Mini Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips,
- 1 cup miniature M&M's
- extra extra M&M's and mini chips for topping each cookie dough blob (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars. Mix in the vanilla and eggs too. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Drop by rounded heaping teaspoonfuls onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets. Top each cookie dough blob with a few more M&M's and chips, if you want them to look pretty when they're baked. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.