Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie is a delicious way to jazz up a traditional pumpkin pie.
I’m all for eating a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. It’s not my favorite, but it just feels traditional to have a slice. Add a layer of sweet cream cheese to pumpkin pie though, and I’m all over that! It’s like eating pumpkin pie and cheesecake in the same dessert. Add Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie to your menu this Thanksgiving!
- graham cracker crumbs
- ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and salt
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened pumpkin purée
- evaporated milk
How to make Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie:
First you’ll make the crust, which is a simple mix of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. The graham cracker mix is then pressed into your pie plate- on the bottom and up the sides.
Next you’ll make the cream cheese mixture. It’s a classic cheesecake type mixture of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg. This mixture is spread onto the unbaked graham cracker crust.
The pumpkin layer comes next. This will be similar to traditional pumpkin pie- pumpkin purée, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, eggs and evaporated milk. It’s poured onto the unbaked cream cheese layer.
The pie is then baked for about an hour. Keep an eye on the edges of the graham cracker crust to make sure it doesn’t brown too quickly. If it is browning more than you’d like, you can place a pie crust protector shield around your pie toward the end of baking. It’s nice to have one of these on hand for all of your pie baking ventures.
Let your pumpkin cream cheese pie cool. Refrigerate it for a while, if you’d like. Then you can cut slices and serve. It may absolutely be made one day ahead. Refrigerate and serve the next day.
How to make sweetened, homemade whipped cream:
Put the bowl you’re using in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Then add 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat the mixture for about one minutes, just until stiff peaks begin to form. Don’t over-beat!
Serve slices of pie with whipped cream. A little dollop or a large spoonful, whatever your preference. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using pumpkin that you might like to try:
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Bars
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake
- Nutella Cheesecake Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- One 16-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients, and then press the crust on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Then blend in the egg. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the unbaked pie crust.
PREPARE THE PUMPKIN LAYER:
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Then blend in the beaten eggs and evaporated milk. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake until firm, 60 minutes or longer. Watch the crust-- if it starts browning too quickly, add a pie crust protector shield to prevent the crust from browning too much.