This non-alcoholic Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe is made with just three ingredients to make the perfect summer drink recipe!
The first recipe ever shared here on RecipeBoy was How to Make a Shirley Temple, which is a great non-alcoholic beverage for kids and everyone else who enjoys a refreshing and easy drink. Now there’s a non-alcoholic beverage that is even more perfect for summer… this Watermelon Agua Fresca! So grab the juiciest seedless watermelon you can find, and make this delicious summertime drink!
- seedless watermelon
- cold water
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- ice cubes
- lime wedges, watermelon wedges and/or mint, for garnish (optional)
Can you turn Watermelon Agua Fresca into a cocktail?
Sure! I’d add in some vodka to make an easy summertime Watermelon Agua Fresca Cocktail.
How to make Watermelon Agua Fresca:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Pour your watermelon agua fresca into ice-filled glasses.
Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges, and add some fresh mint leaves in there too (if desired).
I think this amazing beverage would be lovely to serve at a summer barbecue, or make some for the kids who are running around your neighborhood this summer! Enjoy!
The Best Summer Beverage Recipes:
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- One 6 to 8 pound seedless watermelon, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ice cubes
- watermelon wedges, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Cut the rind from the whole watermelon, and discard the rind. Cut the watermelon flesh into 2-inch cubes.
- In a blender, combine about ⅓ of the watermelon cubes and ⅔ cup of the water. Cover and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher or large glass jar; discard the solids. Repeat twice, using the remaining watermelon cubes and water.
- Stir the lime juice and honey into the strained watermelon mixture. Serve in ice-filled glasses. Garnish with watermelon wedges, and float lime slices in the glasses.