This Easy Breakfast Casserole is a good one to save for busy holiday mornings and lazy weekends.
Eight easy to find ingredients are all you need to make this easy breakfast casserole. And it’s especially a good one to make if you have leftover ham too. If you don’t have leftover ham, you can pick up a large slice of ham to use instead. It’s a delicious breakfast casserole, and simple ingredients mean that picky eaters are more likely to embrace it!
- olive oil
- chopped ham
- sweet onion
- frozen shredded hash browns
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cottage cheese OR ricotta cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
How to make an Easy Breakfast Casserole:
This breakfast casserole is super easy to make. In a skillet, sauté onion and ham until the onion is softened and the ham is lightly browned.
In a large bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients. Stir in the onion and ham. Transfer to a 13×9-inch baking dish and spread evenly in the dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean when this easy breakfast casserole is done.
This is an all in one kind of breakfast. There is protein (ham and eggs) and there are carbs (potatoes). And there is plenty of cheese for the cheese lovers.
There is no need to make this recipe ahead of time. It’s super quick to put together and bake on the morning you want to serve it. If you happen to have leftovers, refrigerate them and re-heat the next day. Enjoy!
Here are a few more breakfast recipes you might like to try:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- Brie and Canadian Bacon Quiche
- Cape Cod Blueberry Scones
- Avocado Bacon Toast
Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute the ham and onion over medium heat until onion is softened and the ham is lightly browned. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in the ham mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.