Where are all my brittle fans? This week I’m sharing a new recipe for the easiest brittle you’ll ever make… introducing: Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle!
I absolutely love peanuts — they’re my favorite over almonds, cashews, and other nuts, so I was excited to give this recipe a try.
- salted peanuts
- baking soda
- granulated white sugar
- vanilla extract
- light corn syrup
- salted butter
How to make Microwave Peanut Brittle:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Begin by lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then set it aside. Pour the granulated white sugar and light corn syrup into a large microwave-safe bowl (I recommend glass) and combine. Next, toss the bowl into the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. You want to see consistent bubbling in the bowl. Remove the bowl, stir, then add the peanuts and microwave for another 4 to 5 minutes. This is where the brittle will turn light brown. You don’t want it to burn, so watch it closely! (continued below)
You’ll want to stir in the butter and vanilla extract carefully — the mixture will be hot! Microwave for another 2 minutes, then add the baking soda. At this point, the mixture may foam or bubble up.
Finally, pour the mixture (quickly) onto your prepared baking sheet and set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes. Try to spread it out as evenly and thinly as you can.
Now… The fun part! Take the brittle and use your hands to break it apart. If it’s a little thick, you can tap it gently on the edge of the baking sheet to break it up. Be careful — shards of brittle will fly!
This is a delicious, ridiculously-easy treat to prepare during the holiday season. Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle requires only 20 minutes of hands-on time between preparation and cooking, so there’s plenty of time left over for the rest of your Christmas festivities. If you’re a fan of peanuts, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try… It’s tasty!
Favorite Candy Recipes:
- Easy Saltine Pecan Toffee
- Chocolate Butterscotch Peanut Clusters
- Cream Cheese Mints
- Frosting Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cups
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large, glass microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes- until there is consistent bubbling.
- Stir in the peanuts. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes- just until the mixture turns light brown (not burnt-- watch closely!)
- Carefully stir in the butter and the vanilla. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda. The mixture may foam and bubble-up. Carefully and quickly pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out evenly. Place it on a rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Use your hands to break up the peanut brittle. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- The recipe makes about 4 cups in all.