Candy Cane Grahams are made with just four easy-to-find ingredients.
Chocolate- peppermint goodness is always great. And when it’s on a graham cracker? Even better! This is a super easy holiday treat to make at home. Make them with your kids. They can handle it! Make them for your holiday treat platters. Or bring them to a cookie exchange. Everyone loves candy cane grahams!
These were originally made by RecipeBoy himself in 2011. These were re-photographed and re-published in 2022.
- dark chocolate
- peppermint extract (don’t use spearmint extract!)
- graham crackers
- candy canes
How to make Candy Cane Grahams:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
This is also a great way to use up your candy canes. They always sit around collecting dust anyways, so use them up in this easy dessert!
You can make as many chocolate dipped candy cane grahams as you’d like. Use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate as a variation. You may also leave out the peppermint extract if you don’t want to use it. These turn out amazing, just like you’d find in a candy shop. Enjoy!
The Best Holiday Treat Recipes:
- Christmas Monster Cookies
- Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Easy Christmas Bark
- Christmas Fudge
- Gingerbread Sleds
Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Grahams
- One 12-ounce bag dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 15 squares graham crackers
- smashed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute- until the chocolate is smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Drop a graham cracker into the melted chocolate, turn it over with a spoon to cover all sides, wiggle the graham cracker to shake the extra chocolate off and then put it on wax paper (yep, your fingers will get kinda messy). Dab a little chocolate onto any parts of the graham cracker that your fingers might have rubbed off. Sprinkle with smashed peppermint candies.
- Let the graham crackers sit until the chocolate is completely set, or put them into the refrigerator to speed up the process.