Ham and Swiss Stromboli
This Ham and Swiss Stromboli is a super easy to make sandwich recipe that the whole family will love!
Sometimes you just need some super simple recipes on hand to make for breakfast, dinner, lunch, snacking or dessert. Recipes that call for very few ingredients make life so much easier. This Ham and Swiss Stromboli recipe only calls for 5 ingredients. And it’s one of those super simple recipes to make. This would make a great, easy dinner, lunch or even appetizer. Everyone loves a good, hot sandwich!
This recipe comes from the (affiliate link) Taste of Home 5-Ingredient Cookbook. It’s a great cookbook to have around if you don’t like to use recipes that call for a lot of ingredients. These are super easy recipes for all meals of the day. A lot of them use short-cuts by calling for prepared foods like cans or boxes off the grocery shelf. There are quite a few that just call for regular ingredients though.
Here are quite a few recipes I’d like to try out on my family: Scrambled Egg Muffins, Cheese Stuffed Meatball Sliders, Sausage and Spinach Calzones, Blue Cheese Stuffed Steaks, Chicken Enchilada Bake, Sage and Browned Butter Ravioli, Hawaiian Barbecue Beans, Shoofly Cupcakes and Creamy S’Mores Pie. There are a ton of recipes in this book, so it’s really hard to narrow down the favorites!
5 Ingredients needed for Ham and Swiss Stromboli:
- can of French Bread dough
- deli ham
- shredded Swiss cheese
- cooked and chopped bacon
- chopped green onions
How to make bacon in the oven:
I don’t like to mess up my stove making bacon, so I usually always make it in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the bacon strips on the foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Times will vary based on the thickness of your bacon.
How to make Ham and Swiss Stromboli:
Spread out the French bread dough on a flat surface. Layer ham, onions, bacon and cheese.
Roll up the loaf and bake. That’s it. It can’t get much easier than this, right?
You’ll cut the stromboli into slices. This is a great, handheld sandwich, or you can go at it with a knife and fork.
Check out the inside of the sandwich. What’s not to love?
The great thing about making stromboli is that you can add in what you want. If you don’t care much for Swiss cheese, use cheddar. If you’d rather make it with turkey and provolone, go for it. If you don’t want any bacon in there, leave it out. Make it what you want, and it will be fabulous. Enjoy!
Here are a few more sandwich recipes you might like to try:
- Tex Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Gameday Sliders
- Chicken Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps
- Barbecue Bacon Smoked Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Ham and Swiss Stromboli
- One 11-ounce tube refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 whole green onions, sliced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Unroll the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the ham over the dough to within 1/2-inch of the edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck the ends under. Place seam-side-down on the baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several ¼-inch deep slits on top of the loaf. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm.