These Ravioli Cupcakes are an easy, fun way to make a pasta dinner with your kids. Since lasagna and manicotti are well-liked recipes in our house, and since ravioli has been RecipeBoy Brooks’ favorite dinner ever for many years, we knew these ravioli cupcakes would most definitely be a big hit with all ages.
It isn’t every day that you get to eat cupcakes for dinner, but now you do! They’re not truly cupcakes in the “dessert” sense of the word. But they’re ravioli that is layered in a muffin tin to create pasta cupcakes with beef and sauce and plenty of cheese.
This is a re-post of this recipe. RecipeBoy Brooks first made these cupcakes back in 2013 when he was just twelve years old. The photos have been re-shot, and there is still a photo of RecipeBoy making these cupcakes below the recipe at the end of this post.
- marinara sauce
- cheese ravioli
- ground beef
- grated mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Ravioli Cupcakes:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the ravioli cupcakes are bubbling around the edges. Scoop out and serve!
I would guess that two to three cupcakes is a good-sized serving for dinner. So one recipe of these ravioli cupcakes can feed 4 to 6 people. Add a side salad and a hunk of garlic bread, and you’re good to go.
These ravioli cupcakes are magnificent. The recipe comes from a fun kids pasta cookbook that we have had for a long time: Noodlemania! These cupcakes are a little crusty at the edges of the ravioli, and that’s what makes them really different and delicious. We just love cupcakes for dinner… don’t you?
Kid-friendly Dinner Recipes:
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 36 regular sized cheese ravioli (uncooked)
- ½ pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese,
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Place a spoonful of the sauce in each muffin tin. Place 2 ravioli on top of the sauce in each tin. Then sprinkle a small spoonful of meat, then mozzarella cheese. Repeat with sauce, one ravioli, meat and cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cupcakes are bubbling around the edges. Scoop out and serve!
- I use the refrigerated Buitoni brand of ravioli. If you use bigger ravioli, you may want to only use one in each layer.