Ritz Cracker Chicken
In this Ritz Cracker Chicken recipe, tender baked chicken is dipped in egg and coated with crushed buttery Ritz crackers and spices.
If you’re looking for a super easy chicken recipe for tonight’s dinner, this is it. Or if you’re just looking for new chicken recipes in general, consider adding this one to your “must try” list along with my Salsa Chicken and Chicken Fried Chicken. This is a family-friendly recipe, the chicken turns out nice and tender, and it’s delicious!
- chicken breasts
- Ritz crackers
- Italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- black pepper
How to make Ritz Cracker Chicken:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Before starting this recipe, make sure the chicken breasts are similar in thickness so they’ll cook evenly. If not, pound them to an even thickness.
In one bowl, combine Ritz cracker crumbs with Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs.
Pat the chicken dry. Then dip the chicken first in the egg mixture and then in the Ritz crumb mixture to coat the whole chicken breast. Set the coated chicken in a 9×13-inch pan.
Drizzle all of the chicken breasts with melted butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Can you use other crackers for Ritz Cracker chicken?
Well, the short answer to that question is “yes.” Ritz crackers are wonderful in this recipe because they have good flavor and are slightly buttery tasting. So I definitely wouldn’t use water crackers or any kind of cracker that doesn’t have a lot of good flavor on its own. But if there is another buttery sort of cracker you like to buy, then definitely try it out to use in this Ritz Cracker chicken. You might just find a new use for your favorite crackers!
Let’s face it: the butter drizzled onto this chicken is what helps make it so amazing as it bakes in the oven. I have tried just spraying the coated chicken with nonstick spray before to see if that works well since I’m always trying to cut calories. It does work that way, but the butter drizzle is definitely way more delicious. Serve Ritz cracker chicken with your favorite side dishes. I like roasted green beans and Greek potatoes with lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Ritz Cracker Chicken
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the crushed Ritz crackers in a bowl with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper. Whisk the eggs in another bowl.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then press it into the cornflake mixture, flip and press the other side. You may need to repeat pressing it in the Ritz crumbs to make sure it is completely coated.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9x13-inch pan or on a baking sheet. Drizzle the butter over the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.