Hi, it’s RecipeGirl here sharing a guest post on RecipeBoy’s blog! You’re going to find a good meal for hungry teenagers today: Pizza Sloppy Joes!
They’re mounded with a good chunk of pizza-sauced ground beef and gooey mozzarella cheese. This is just the kind of meal that hungry kids want to eat for dinner, right? My boy thought they were awesome. He was just glad I wasn’t serving chicken (yet again!)
Let me tell you a little bit about what has been going on with RecipeBoy Brooks these days… he started high school a few weeks back and he’s also powering it out on the Varsity tennis team. His work load is big – it’s a huge transition from middle school to high school, and he puts a ton of effort into school- so he has had a tough time finding a good chunk of time to update his blog. Mom to the rescue!
Brooks is STARVING when he comes home from school and tennis practice every day, so I pretty much have to have dinner ready to go or he’ll scour my cupboards for anything he can chow down on… and then he’s not so hungry for dinner. You can make these Joes ahead of time and just warm them up quickly when the family is ready to eat. My husband loved them too! I used canned pizza sauce, but you can certainly make your own- there’s a Pizza Sauce Recipe on RecipeGirl.com.
Enjoy! And RecipeBoy will be back soon with another recipe 🙂
Pizza Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (about 90% lean is good)
- 2 cups jarred pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 or 5 hamburger buns
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper, and saute until softened. Add in the ground beef, and cook until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any accumulated fat, if needed. Stir in the pizza sauce; heat and cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with a good sprinkle of cheese. If you want it to get all melted, you can top the bottom bun and stick under the broiler for a few minutes. Also, you can toast the buns if you prefer. Eat!
Tuesday 16th of August 2022
Hi Brooks! your so handsome, I'm so lucky to found your recipe very easy to follow. Thank you for sharing.
Wednesday 13th of April 2016
Sloppy joes are not a thing here in Australia but these were a hit with the whole family. I will definitely make these again.