Have you ever made cinnamon toast before? If you haven’t, read this post and you’ll be sure to know. This recipe came from RecipeBoy Brooks’ grandma who took care of him often when he was little. She taught him how to make the best cinnamon toast ever. I used to eat the same cinnamon toast when I was a kid!
You only need 4 ingredients to make the best cinnamon toast. Brooks recommends using King’s Sweet Hawaiian Bread. But you can certainly use any kind of bread for making cinnamon toast.
This recipe was originally posted by RecipeBoy Brooks in 2011. I’m updating the post today with new photographs.
- salted butter
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
How to make Grandma’s Cinnamon Toast:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Put the toast on a a small plate and it’s ready to serve!
Take a big bite! The cinnamon toast tastes great and I think that this is the perfect recipe for a special breakfast. (Thanks Grandma!) Now you know how to make cinnamon toast (grandma-style!) Enjoy!!
The Best Breakfast Recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Cheese and Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- Perfect Waffles
How to Make Cinnamon Toast
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter (the real stuff)
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and put it under the broiler. Toast it on one side until golden brown (just a couple of minutes).
- Remove the bread from the oven and turn it over. Spread each slice of bread with butter. Sprinkle each slice of bread with a tablespoon of sugar. Then give each slice a good dose of cinnamon.
- Return the bread to the oven and broil until bubbly and golden brown on the edges (3 to 5 minutes). Take it out of the oven and set it on the stove to cool.
- Put it on a plate and eat it up!