Easy Homemade Meatballs
These Easy Homemade Meatballs are a super simple, basic meatballs recipe that you can make at home.
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to think of things to make for dinner that aren’t on repeat over and over and over again. Pasta is always a favorite for dinner, and making meatballs to go with your pasta is an excellent idea. Everyone loves meatballs, right? These meatballs are nice to make because they don’t take any time at all to put together.
How to make Easy Homemade Meatballs:
It couldn’t be any easier to make these meatballs. They are a super simple mix of ground beef, one egg and Italian breadcrumbs. Add a little salt and pepper to the mix and shape them into meatballs. You will be able to make about 25 meatballs.
The meatballs are then baked in the oven for about 15 minutes. That’s it. Then you’ll have meatballs to eat!
These Easy Homemade Meatballs are pretty basic. They’re meant for adding to marinara sauce to spoon over hot cooked pasta. Our favorite marinara sauce is Classico’s Tomato & Basil. It’s a simple sauce, so adding things to it works well.
I like to bake the meatballs and then move them to a saucepan and let them simmer for a few minutes with the marinara sauce. If you have a little red wine laying around, you can add a splash of it to the sauce to jazz up the flavor a bit.
And then it’s ready to top your pasta! Any kind of pasta will do. We made fettuccine the other night, so that’s what you see here. Add a little Parmesan and some chopped fresh parsley or basil to finish it off.
What else can you add to meatballs?
- minced garlic
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- finely chopped mushrooms
- finely chopped onion
- grated Parmesan cheese
Any of these things can be mixed in to this basic recipe to create your own version of the best meatballs.
Change up your pasta routine, and make these Easy Homemade Meatballs for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
Here are a few more easy dinner recipes you might like try:
- Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Skillet Macaroni and Cheese
- Ravioli Cupcakes
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Oven Baked Beef Tacos
- Lasagna Roll Ups
Easy Homemade Meatballs
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. It's easiest if you use your clean hands to mix.
- Form the meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Set the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, just until the meatballs are cooked through.
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms and/or onions to the mix.
- add a little grated Parmesan cheese
- add minced garlic