I’m sharing the Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe! Watch the video showing you how to make the best alfredo sauce recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home!
Pasta is pretty darn boring by itself. As Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce says, “The sauce is the boss!” I have been eating pasta with store-bought alfredo sauce since I was a toddler. I recently realized how much junk is in it, so I decided to make my own!
Alfredo sauce is my favorite thing to put on pasta. I would choose it over any other sauce. I’ve tried many different kinds of alfredo sauce, and this is my absolute favorite.
It’s nice to be able to know every ingredient you are eating. The preservatives and chemicals that big companies put in the store-bought alfredo sauce are disgusting.
This. Is. So. Yummy. Normal fettuccine noodles with the Best Alfredo Sauce EVER!
Mix it with any kind of pasta. It’s so creamy and cheesy and delicious!
You can use this Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe for so many things. It’s fantastic on pasta, of course, but you can also use it as a sauce for chicken or instead of marinara sauce in lasagna. Lasagna with alfredo sauce is soooooo good!
You have never tasted anything quite like this alfredo sauce. If you don’t like alfredo, this will make you change your mind about it. If you like alfredo, you will never go back to store-bought alfredo ever again after trying my Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe.
Best Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt (only if you use unsalted butter)
- freshly chopped parsley, if desired
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half. Turn heat to medium-high and whisk occasionally until the mixture comes to a slow boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in the cheese; stir until melted. Add salt only if you have used unsalted butter. Add about 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Use Alfredo sauce immediately for your recipe, or refrigerate (covered) until ready to serve. Sauce will stay nicely in the refrigerator for about 1 week.