Breakfast Bruschetta is the most delicious Mediterranean-style breakfast with pesto, eggs, tomato and plenty of cheese!
We recently tried this breakfast bruschetta recipe, and we’re excited to share it with you. We love it almost as much as our avocado bacon toast, which we’ve loved for a long time! This is a lovely way to eat eggs for breakfast. And there is so much amazing flavor in this recipe- you’re going to like it too!
This recipe comes from this book: The Everything Green Mediterranean Cookbook by Peter Minaki. The Mediterranean diet centers around fresh veggies and fruits, whole grains, olive oil, seafood, lean meats and nuts. It’s recommended by medical professionals to be a healthy diet to follow. In this book, there are 200 recipes!
Here are a few things we’d like to try from the book:
- Tomato and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Pasteli (Honey- Sesame Bars)
- Warm Bean Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
- Briam (Greek Roasted Vegetables)
- Ladenia (Greek-Style Flatbread)
- Spaghetti with Brown Butter and Feta
- Vegetarian Gyros
- Watermelon Wedges with Feta and Mint
- French bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- egg whites
- roasted red pepper
- mozzarella cheese
How to make Breakfast Bruschetta:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- It’s okay to use scrambled eggs in this recipe too. Just scramble your eggs with some chopped tomato.
- Using already prepared pesto from the store is totally fine, or you can make your own homemade pesto.
- Try substituting feta cheese for the mozzarella. That’ll give it a salty, delicious twist!
The Best Breakfast Recipes:
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Cape Cod Blueberry Scones
- Four ¾-inch slices Italian or French bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup pesto
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium tomato, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush both sides of bread slices with 2 tablespoons oil, place on a baking sheet, and bake about 3 minutes per side until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven. Turn the oven temperature to broil.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs and egg whites. Stir in the tomato. In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and stir once. Continuously move the pan, using a spatula to push the edges inward slightly to allow the egg mixture to pour outward and solidify. Cook about 6 minute until the mixture is firm, then use a spatula to fold the eggs in half.
- Spread the toasted bread with pesto. Remove the egg from the pan and cut into four pieces. Place on top of the pesto and top with roasted pepper and mozzarella. Broil about 2 minutes until the cheese melts.