This is a super easy recipe for Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
First things first, these Cake Mix Snickerdoodles may be the easiest cookies I have EVER made! They are also some of the tastiest. This recipe includes cake mix (yes, actual cake mix). Snickerdoodles have never been better…
Snickerdoodles are easily some of the most visually appealing cookies around. They may all look alike, but not at all snickerdoodles are created equally… for example, throwing cake mix into the fold.
The recipe yields smaller but thicker cookies than normal. Perfect snack size!
Surprisingly, these cookies had a great texture, not cakey like they would seem. A true cookie crunches when you bite into it, just like these!
I’m fairly sure these Cake Mix Snickerdoodles set a record in my house… they were gone in three hours. Most of that was due to me (oops), but the rest of my family loved them too.
Making these cookies was a breeze, which was helpful because my schedule has been packed lately with lacrosse and school. Enjoy!
Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- one 15.25-ounce box French Vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine the cake mix, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture before placing on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Here are a few more cake mix cookie recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars by RecipeBoy
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies by Tidy Mom
- Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting by RecipeGirl
- Four Ingredient Double Chocolate Cookies by The Recipe Rebel
Saturday 24th of October 2020
My cookie mixture couldn’t be rolled into balls because the mixture was not stiff enough. I used the exact ingredients. I had to spoon the mixture on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Tuesday 3rd of November 2020
Hmmmm, haven't heard this before- not sure what went wrong!
Wednesday 3rd of July 2019
Can't I use regular white cake mix instead?
Wednesday 31st of July 2019
I'm sure that would be fine.
Friday 10th of March 2017
Smart! Will definitely be trying these.