This Dole Whip recipe (pineapple ice cream) is the #1 favorite treat of all time at Disney Parks! It was first created in Hawaii at the Dole Plantation.
The Dole Whip at Disneyland is made with a pre-made powder and water mixture. This recipe is not made with any kind of powder, but this copycat Dole Whip recipe is just as good as the stuff you get at the parks. It can be found alongside Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. You can buy it while in line for the show and eat it while listening to the “birds sing words and the flowers croon!” Or you can make it at home (much cheaper haha).
The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook
This recipe comes from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook: from delicious Dole Whip to tasty Mickey Pretzels, 100 Magical Disney-Inspired Recipes by Ashley Craft. If you are a fan of the food served at Disneyland, Disney World and Epcot, this book would be a fun one to add to your cookbook collection.
There are recipes in this book such as churros, jungle juleps, beignets, matterhorn macaroons, Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Hot Dogs, Corn Dog Nuggets, Cheshire Cat Tails, Stracciatella Gelato, Green or Blue Milk, Butterfinger Cupcakes, Mickey Waffles, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Berry Schmoozies, Cobbler Shakes and so much more! It’s really a fun book.
- white sugar
- pineapple juice
- lime juice
- vanilla ice cream
How to make Dole Whip:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Follow the ice cream machine instructions and run about 20 minutes. Churn until creamy. Serve immediately, or transfer to a large plastic container, cover and freeze overnight for a harder consistency.
And now you can make Disneyland Dole Whip at home! To get it all swirly and pretty like that, we put it in a piping bag and swirled it into a cup. But you can simply scoop it out like normal ice cream and eat it that way. Enjoy!
When we followed the recipe for Dole Whip in the Disney book, we had trouble getting the mixture to freeze. So we added in some vanilla ice cream, and that seemed to be the missing ingredient. It turns out perfect with the added ice cream!
The Best Ice Cream Recipes:
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 3 Musketeers Ice Cream
- Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- Marshmallow Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 2 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the water and sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for 1 more minute and stir to create a syrup. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Pour the pineapple juice into an ice cream machine and add ½ cup chilled sugar syrup. Add the lime juice. And then add the ice cream too. Follow the ice cream machine instructions and run about 20 minutes. Churn until creamy.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a large plastic container, cover and freeze overnight for a harder consistency.