I love cookies & cream ice cream. Who doesn’t? But besides cookies & cream, I also love chocolate. That’s when I decided to make Chocolate Cookies & Cream Ice Cream. And with two of my favorite ice creams combined, nothing could go wrong!
This week I am going to the BlogHer Food Conference in Seattle. I’m looking forward to meeting some of the really popular bloggers like Ree from The Pioneer Woman, Jessica from How Sweet It Is, Catherine from Weelicous, Jennie from In Jennie’s Kitchen, and Joy from Joy the Baker. But even though all of these superstar bloggers will be there, I’m mostly looking forward to meeting Caleb. Caleb is the third pea from Two Peas and Their Pod (a.k.a. Maria’s 8-month old baby).
Okay. Taking this picture was HARD. I just wanted to set the camera down and start devouring the ice cream right away. After a major brainfreeze, I might not have felt that way anymore though. 🙂
For chocolate lovers, this ice cream is a dream come true. The chocolate in the Oreos and the ice cream combine to form a rich, delicous treat.
The ice cream tasted FANTASTIC and I would recommend it to anyone in a warm place. This ice cream is a perfect after-school snack on a hot day. But wait.. school is out!! Yay!! It’s a great summer snack too. It may be VERY chocolatey, but it’s also extra yummy!
And even a kid can make a rich, chocolatey ice cream that is perfect for hot days… Like Me!
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 3¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 22 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies (crushed into small pieces)
- Place the cocoa and sugars in a medium-bowl and stir to combine. Add the milk and whisk to combine until the cocoa and sugars are dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Turn on your processor and pour the mixture into the freezer bowl and let it process until thickened, about 25 minutes. The ice cream will be soft and creamy. It will be tough not to take spoonfuls and just eat one bite after the other! Pour in the crushed Oreos and let them mix in for about 30 seconds. Scrape the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours but probably more. Enjoy!